D-Day (Dirt Day!)...a day of cycling exploration on unpaved roads...

D-Day (Dirt Day!)...a day of cycling exploration on unpaved roads...
Riding my Mudhoney cyclocross bike (probably where no cross bike should even go!), I snapped this picture from Mammoth Gulch Road, looking northwest toward Rollin's Pass Road and the Continental Divide.

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Well...if it works for Fabian...

Let's face it...doping has plaqued the world of professional cycling for decades! Tempted by lucrative paychecks and the desire to win at all costs, many pro cyclists have resorted to extraordinary means to place high on the podium. Recently falling under scrutiny is Swiss time trialist extraordinaire, Fabian Cancellara, who has been accused of "mechanical doping," racing with a bicycle that is powered by a small motor discretely hidden in the bottom bracket shell. This video attempts to explain how Cancellara could have won this year's Paris-Robaix and Tour of Flanders with a "motorized" bicycle. See for yourself!!!

Well...after watching this video, I've decided that if it works for Fabian, then maybe it could work for me! I've decided that my next custom Seven will have a small motor--just like the one Fabian used--implanted discretely in the bottom bracket shell to give me the extra power when I need it the most! I can just imagine the look on my friend's faces when I show up at a weekend 200 km brevet on my new "motorized" Randonneuring bicycle (fully equiped with a rack, panniers, and fenders, of course!) and promptly crush my opponents, who are trying to hang on to my wheel for dear life! I can just imagine them say to themselves, "how does he do that??? He rides just like Fabian Cancellara!!!." Well.....I'll tell them the secret to my success is the added comfort of my custom Seven.....a properly fit bicycle makes all the difference! The rest will be our little secret!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment